Friday, November 21, 2008

Tutorial Updated

The tutorial to add your own favicon to your blogspot blog has been updated on Free Favicon to reflect a change that Google/Blogger.com did to peoples templates. Many thanks to Google/Blogger.com for breaking things for many people. Nothing like them pushing their own brand. I guess it was not enough that everyone has to link to Blogger.com from their blogs anymore. There is some more information on what Google/Blogger.com did at the Free Favicon blog and how to fix it.

At any rate you should see the Free Favicon custom favicon on this blog again. It should look like this:

3 comments:

Sakura Blossom Gaming said...

I couldn't figure out why my favicon.ico wouldn't show up on my Blogger blog: http://blog.afewguiltypleasures.com
...as I followed instructions exactly and code was correct... started to get pretty frustrated....then I found your post and moved my favicon code to right before the last /head and VOILA there it is! Thanks!

Do the people at Blogger actually sit around and try to come up with little changes like this to mess with us? It sure seems like it!
I am having the same sort of problem (code right but not appearing to work) with the "read more" codes I got from Blogger Help. Followed instructions but nothing changes...

Thanks again for being on top of things, you are a big help!
Tanya

Constantin Gabor said...

I tried this but it does't work. I get this message: " Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute "{1}" associated with an element type "href". "

Nibby Priest said...

I am getting this message too: "Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute "{1}" associated with an element type "href"."

Any clues as how to fix?

I am trying to make this work on www.blog.govaughn.com